4.17.2 Water Closets. Water closets in accessible stalls shall comply with 4.16 .
4.17.4 Toe Clearances. In standard stalls, the front partition and at least one side partition shall provide a toe clearance of at least 9 in (230 mm) above the floor. If the depth of the stall is greater than 60 in (1525 mm), then the toe clearance is not required.
4.17.5* Doors. Toilet stall doors, including door hardware, shall comply with 4.13 . If toilet stall approach is from the latch side of the stall door, clearance between the door side of the stall and any obstruction may be reduced to a minimum of 42 in (1065 mm) (Fig. 30 ). Appendix Note
4.17.6 Grab Bars. Grab bars complying with the length and positioning shown in Fig. 30(a) , (b) , (c) , and (d) shall be provided. Grab bars may be mounted with any desired method as long as they have a gripping surface at the locations shown and do not obstruct the required clear floor area. Grab bars shall comply with 4.26 .
4.17.7 * Toilet Stalls for Children. Toilet stalls used primarily by children ages 12 and younger shall comply with 4.17.7 as permitted by 4.17.1. Appendix Note
(1) Water Closets. Water closets in accessible stalls shall comply with 4.16.7 .
(2) Size and Arrangement. The size and arrangement of the standard toilet stall shall comply with 4.17.3 and Fig. 30(a) , Standard Stall, except that the centerline of water closets shall be 12 in minimum to 18 in maximum (305 mm to 455 mm) from the side wall or partition and the minimum depth for stalls with wall-mounted water closets shall be 59 in (1500 mm). Alternate stalls complying with Fig. 30(b) may be provided where permitted by 4.17.3 except that the stall shall have a minimum depth of 69 in (1745 mm) where wall-mounted water closets are provided.
(3) Toe Clearances. In standard stalls, the front partition and at least one side partition shall provide a toe clearance of at least 12 in (305 mm) above the finish floor.
(4) Doors. Toilet stall doors shall comply with 4.17.5 .
- (5) Grab Bars. Grab bars shall comply with 4.17.6 and the length and positioning shown in Fig. 30(a) , (b) , (c) , and (d) except that grab bars shall be mounted 18 in minimum to 27 in maximum (455 mm to 685 mm) above the finish floor measured to the grab bar centerline.
- EXCEPTION: If administrative authorities require flush controls for flush valves to be located in a position that conflicts with the location of the rear grab bar, then that grab bar may be split or, at water closets with a centerline placement below 15 in (380 mm), a rear grab bar 24 in (610 mm) minimum on the open side of the toilet area shall be permitted.