Chapter 9: Certification
Regulatory references: 28 CFR 36.601-36.608.
III-9.5000 Procedure following preliminary determination of equivalency.
If the AAG makes a preliminary determination of equivalency, he or she
- Inform the submitting official in writing;
- Publish a notice in the Federal Register informing the public
of the preliminary determination and inviting comment for 60 days;
- Consider the comments, and then hold an informal hearing
in Washington. In many cases, this "hearing" may consist of a meeting
with those who are interested;
- Consult again with the ATBCB and make a final determination
of equivalency or a final determination to deny the request for certification.
- Publish a notice of the final determination in the Federal